~groOrganic Review~

I love the idea of starting my own garden.  I would love to teach my daughter how to plant, grow, and harvest organic food.   But, where to start?

The groOrganic garden planner makes it easy to get started!  All you have to do after you join is login and start drawing your plans.  There is nothing to download and it is easy to use.  You can make your garden almost any dimension and shape.  I chose to draw some circles to represent pots.  I’ve grown flowers, but have never tried my hand at a vegetable garden, so I wanted to start with something simple: an herb garden.



The garden planner lets you perfect your layout by simply moving things around and allowing you to  plan by square foot, or by rows.  It even tells you how many plants in a row, how far apart to space them, and when to plant!  Once you’re finished with your plans, you can receive emails to remind you of what needs to be planted!  You can also print your plans.

Here are the memberships you can choose from:

--$99 (yearly) Premium Harvest Membership includes: garden planner membership, 12 packets non-GMO (non-genetically modified) seeds, a groOrganic instruction manual, members-only online discounts and gifts, and an online review of your Garden Plan by a Certified groOrganic Gardener.

Although it would have been nice to review this entire package, (I only reviewed the garden planner) the items included seem like a good deal, in my opinion.  I would like to know what type of seeds are included. I’m seriously considering buying the Premium Harvest Membership package!

--$40 Seedling membership includes: online garden planner membership
I must be honest and say that I’m not sure if this is worth the price.  You do get all the information about the plants, which is helpful, but I don’t think I would pay $40 for it.

GroOrganic also sells raised planters, chicken coops, beehives,  composters, and many other gardening accessories.

You can find groOrganic on facebook and twitter!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

8 comments:

By the Bluegrass said...

Oh, thanks for sharing the info! I'm getting ready to start a garden for this year too! I love it so much.
xo,
Sena

Pamela said...

I want to grow some herbs, too. I have a friend who does. I love having iced tea with fresh mint leaves. Cilantro will definately be included.

New follower from Thirsty Thursday.

Blessings...

Marcy said...

I Have got to try this!! After watching the documentary Food Nation, I'm disgusted by what we eat!!

Chase said...

I know, Marcy! I'm reminded of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (if you've seen that!) In one episode he goes into a Kindergarten classroom and the kids can identify pizza and chicken nuggets, but not a potato, and other vegetables!

I bought my seeds to start my herb garden today!

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

This is awesome. My daughter would LOVE this. She tried planting an egg yesterday LOL!

I'm following from hop.
ecwrites.blogspot.com

lovinangels said...

I felt the exact same way. I did the same review, and came to the same conclusion.

I have to say, I've found similar free garden planning soft ware since, and I just ordered my organic seeds from Amazon- My order came to just under 40 dollars and I've got about thirty packets coming.

Chase said...

That's a great deal! I browsed amazon the other day, but ended up buying some seeds from a local store. I will say that reviewing the garden planner has gotten me motivated to get started!

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest follower from the Thirsty Thursday hop!! I'd love it if you followed me back - I'm just starting out!!
www.littleshnookums.blogspot.com